Symptoms of gastric stomach cancer include indigestion and stomach discomfort or pain.
These and other signs and symptoms may be caused by gastric stomach cancer or by other conditions. In the early stages of gastric stomach cancer, the following symptoms may occur:
- Indigestion and stomach discomfort.
- A bloated feeling after eating.
- Mild nausea.
- Loss of appetite.
In more advanced stages of gastric stomach cancer, the following signs and symptoms may occur:
- Blood in the stool.
- Weight loss for no known reason.
- Stomach pain.
- Jaundice (yellowing of eyes and skin).
- Ascites (build-up of fluid in the abdomen).
- Trouble swallowing.
After gastric stomach cancer has been diagnosed, tests are done to find out if cancer cells have spread within the stomach or to other parts of the body. The following tests and procedures may be used in the staging process: