Benlysta (belimumab) is a monoclonal antibody indicated for the treatment of adult patients with lupus . Benlysta Lupus Medication has not been evaluated in patients with severe active lupus nephritis or severe active central nervous system lupus. Common side effects of Lupus Medication Benlysta include:
- stomach pain,
- pain in your arms or legs,
- trouble sleeping (insomnia),
- headache (migraine),
- urinary tract infection,
- decreased white blood cell count (leukopenia), and
- cold symptoms such as stuffy or runny nose, sneezing, cough (bronchitis), and sore throat.
Tell your doctor if you have any serious side effects after taking this Lupus Medication, including:
- mental/mood/behavior changes (such as new or worsening depression, anxiety, thoughts of suicide, or thoughts about hurting yourself or others),
- chest pain or heavy feeling, pain spreading to the arm or shoulder, nausea, sweating, general ill feeling,
- wheezing, chest tightness, trouble breathing, or
- signs of cancer (such as fever, night sweats, unusual tiredness, unexplained weight loss, swollen glands, and unusual lumps or growths).
Benlysta Lupus Medication can cause serious and sometimes fatal side effects such as infections, and heart problems.The recommended dosage regimen for Lupus Medication Benlysta is 10 mg/kg at 2-week intervals for the first 3 doses and at 4-week intervals thereafter. Formal drug interaction studies have not been performed with Benlysta. Before you receive Benlysta, tell your healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
It is not known if Benlysta will harm your unborn baby. Tell your healthcare provider if you become pregnant during your treatment with Benlysta. Tell your healthcare provider if you are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not known if Benlysta passes into your breast milk. You and your healthcare provider should decide if you will receive Benlysta or breastfeed. You should not do both.Our Benlysta (belimumab) Lupus Medication Side Effects Drug Center provides a comprehensive view of available drug information on the potential side effects when taking this medication.